Beyond 20 20

Is good vision = "20/20"???

Not necessarily. Good vision involves so much more than just seeing clearly without glasses.  

Most don't know the fraction 20/20 is merely being able to read the size of font at a distance of 20 feet. It's your "eyesight".  

It covers only 5% of the total vision skills necessary to learn and read. The "THREE PILLARS OF VISION" cover the other 95% of all other vision related skills. 

WHAT ARE THOSE 3 PILLARS?

EYE TEAMING: The skill that allows both eyes to work together in a precise and coordinated way. Good eye teaming allows sustained, single, and comfortable vision, and is the basis for depth perception.

EYE TRACKING: The ability to move eyes smoothly and accurately to maintain single and clear vision

FOCUSING: Being able to quickly focus from far to near with ease to sustain clear vision for prolonged periods of time. 

The only eye test most children have is a brief screening at school which only checks their distance vision using the eye chart.   Each year thousands of children suffer from undetected vision problems that can make school and life difficult. Many are misdiagnosed as having a learning disability or ADD. In addition, children with crossed eyes and lazy eyes face especially demanding challenges.  Children with poor visual skills may struggle to read, have short attentions, perform poorly in sports, develop low self-esteem, and have doors closed to many future careers because of poor visual skills. 

Is your child at risk for vision-based learning problems?  A simple screening checklist can accurately rate your child's risk by flagging tell-tale symptoms.

CONTACT US TODAY

We look forward to hearing from you

Location

Find us on the map

Hours of Operation

Our Regular Schedule

Veo

Monday:

7:00 am-6:00 pm

Tuesday:

7:00 am-6:00 pm

Wednesday:

7:00 am-6:00 pm

Thursday:

7:00 am-6:00 pm

Friday:

8:00 am-5:00 pm

Saturday:

Closed

Sunday:

Closed